Things you need to know about Employment Pass in Singapore
If you are a foreigner looking to work in Singapore, you will typically need to apply for an Employment Pass (EP). The EP is a work visa that allows you to work and live in Singapore.
In summary, below are some important points to take note prior to applying for an EP:
1. Eligibility: To apply for an EP, you should be a professional, executive, or a highly skilled worker. You must also have a confirmed job offer from a Singapore-based employer.
2. Job requirements: The job offered should be in a managerial, executive, or specialized role that offers a significant contribution to Singapore’s economy.
3. Salary criteria: For younger candidates (from age 23 years), the minimum monthly salary should be at least SGD 5,000. Older and more experienced applicants may need to meet higher salary thresholds.
4. Educational background: You should have a good educational qualification, usually a university degree or diploma from a reputable institution. Relevant work experience may also be considered.
5. Skills and work experience: Your skills and professional experience should be relevant to the job you are applying for. Filling a specific skills shortage in Singapore can increase your chances of approval.
6. Employer sponsorship: Your prospective employer must apply for the EP on your behalf. They will need to demonstrate their financial stability and provide details about the job position they are hiring you for.
7. Application process: The employer or an authorized employment agent must submit the EP application through the Ministry of Manpower (MOM) online portal. Required documents include personal and educational particulars, employment details, and completed application forms.
8. Processing time: EP applications are generally processed within a few weeks. The processing time may vary depending on the volume of applications and the completeness of the submitted documents.
It is crucial to ensure that you meet the eligibility criteria and provide accurate and complete information in your application. Engaging us as your specialist or working closely with your employer can help increase the chances of a successful EP application.
25 December 2023